Is there a risk of death from Tonsillectomy?
Tonsil surgery is one of the most common types of surgery. This surgery is usually performed for children. Tonsils are swollen due to infections caused by viruses and bacteria in the throat. Tonsil inflammation is quite uncomfortable. Frequent repetition has a detrimental effect on quality of life. In cases where natural methods or drugs are insufficient, tonsils should be removed by surgery.
One of the most important questions about this surgery is the risk of death in tonsil surgery. Of course there is a certain risk for each operation. So what is the risk of death in tonsil surgery?
In this article, you will find all the information about the tonsils.
Where are the tonsils located in the body?
Tonsils are located on either side of the tongue root at the entrance of the throat.
What are the symptoms of tonsillitis?
– Strain and pain when swallowing
– High fever
– Pain in the ears
– Dryness in the mouth
What do the tonsils do?
The function of the tonsils in the body was not known until recently, and tonsils were considered an unnecessary organ. In fact, because of this false belief, some people even surgically removed their children’s tonsils. However, medical studies conducted after 2000s revealed that tonsils were part of the immune system. In spite of its useful function, tonsils may need to be taken through surgery in some cases.
When is a Tonsillectomy necessary?
– 5 or more tonsillar infections per year
– Difficulty breathing
– Disrupted breathing during sleep
– Difficulty swallowing
– Enlarged or swollen lymph nodes, or glands, in the neck
– Severe or recurring sore throat
Are deaths due to tonsil surgery?
Tonsil operation is considered to be one of the simplest surgeries. The technical part of the Tonsil operation is very easy, but because the operation is done inside the mouth, the mistakes that can be made after the surgery can cause serious dangers. The mouth is a region open to various infections because it is a continuous air circulation organ coming in contact with the foodstuffs.
Tonsil operation is an easy operation for an experienced doctor, but the recovery period is a bit difficult and risky for the patient. Rules should be followed for a quick recovery after surgery.
Tonsil operations are performed by an experienced doctor and if the patient fulfills the care rules carefully after surgery, there is no reason to be afraid of tonsil surgery.
When we look at the diseases caused by tonsils, surgery is the smartest choice.
What should be considered after Tonsillectomy?
– The patient should be at least two days rest at home after surgery.
– Because of the narcosis given during the surgery, your reflexes will weaken for a while so you should not use the vehicle for a few days and take care when descending the stairs.
– Do not consume hard foods for the first fifteen days after the surgery. Stay away from acidic beverages or foods such as alcohol, hot tea, coffee, vinegar, lemon, cola, soda, pickles.
– Do not engage in tiring activities such as running, fitness, gymnastics or heavy lifting for at least a week after surgery.
– Don’t bathe too often.
Tonsillectomy side effects
– The first 3-4 days may be slightly painful.
– Damage to the teeth may occur due to tools used to keep the mouth open.
– In some cases, there may be bleeding at the surgery site and the blood may escape to the respiratory tract.
– For a few weeks you will have to consume only liquid foods.
Natural treatment methods for tonsillitis
Herbal treatment methods for Tonsil inflammation are frequently used.
– Make a mouthwash with a mixture of 1 tablespoon carbonate and 1 lemon juice.
– Thyme, honey, lemon mix syrup.
– Syrup and drinks made with radish, pineapple, garlic mixture.
Please share your comments and suggestions with us. Thank you for your interest…